If you’re having issue with opening Microsoft Office 2013 application, it’s probably caused by add-ons installed and or the document is set to protected mode.
This tutorial will teach you how to troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office that are unable to launch or open any documents.
1. The first thing you need to do is open any Microsoft application in the computer (Excel,Word, Powerpoint 2013, etc.)
2. Second, on the application that’s opened, let’s say Microsoft Word 2013. On the upper right corner of the window, click on File, then scroll down to Options.
3. The window for Options will pop up; Select “Trust Center” and click “Trust center settings.”
4. Now, look for the “Protected view.”
5. You have to clear all the boxes under protected view. Uncheck all the options under “Protected View” and click OK to apply the changes.
6. You can now close the application and re-open the documents that isn’t opening earlier.
7. Try opening any file now with Microsoft Office application. That issue should be resolved now.
I hope you learned something from this simple tutorial. If you have any question or suggestion, please feel free to comment below.