Update to Windows 8.1 Common issues and fix
There are some computers that are having issues finding the Windows 8.1 update from Windows 8 or Windows 8 pro. If you're having this issue, follow the troubleshooting below;
1. Install KB2871389 if it's not yet installed.
2. Make sure that you're using a retail copy of Windows 8 and not Volume License, Enterprise Edition, or Preview version of Windows 8/8.1.
3. Run WSRESET.exe from the command prompt.
1. Press the "windows key" to get to the startscreen and start typing "cmd"
2. Right click on it and select "run as administrator".
3. On the command prompt type "wsreset.exe"
4. Make sure that the App License is sync to your account
1. On the start screen, tap/click on the Store App
2. Point and swipe your mouse from the right edge of the screen and click "settings", or simply press "windows key" + "c".
3. Click "App updates"
4. Click "Sync licenses.
5. Verify if the following services are running; BITS, Windows update, and Cryptographic Services.
1. Press "windows key" + "R" to open the run box.
2. Type "Services.msc" to open the system services configuration.
3. Look for the services and right click on it and click properties. If the status is not set to automatic and started, set it to automatic and start the services.
6. Open Internet Explorer, and type the following command in the address bar; ms-windows-store:windowsupgrade
That's it! If you're still having the same issue or if you're getting an error code? Please post it on the comment box, I'll get back to it as soon as I can. Thanks for dropping by.